Year 6J 2021 - 2022
Welcome to Year 6J
I am Mrs Jackson, one of the Year 6 class teachers and I am looking forward to working with your child this year. Miss Raby is our Teaching Assistant and we have got lots of lovely activities planned to help our pupils move forward in their learning this year.
This Autumn term our topics are going to be:
· Amazon Adventures
· Science- Living things and their habitats
· Computing – Online safety and coding
· Art and design skills
· Geography – South America and Rainforests
· English- based on the book The Explorer: Novel as a theme, discussion and Poems.
· Maths: Numbers to 10 million, four operations on whole numbers, Fractions and Decimals
· RE- Loving
Our PE days are going to be:
· Monday Afternoons – PE coach
· Thursday afternoons – swimming
Homework is going to be: Set weekly on a Friday, Due in for the following Wednesday.
This will consist of:
· Learning Log – weekly maths and English based activities.
· Reading book – expected to be signed and changed weekly.
· Spellings – based on spelling rules from Year 5/6 National Curriculum spelling lists.
If you have any questions or would like to arrange an appointment to see me, please contact me on my email at email@example.com or the school office on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Year 6J: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display