Year 4 2021 - 2022
Welcome to Year 4
Miss Mills Miss James
Welcome to Year 4!
Firstly, thank you for your continued support! This is our last termly update of Year 4 but I wanted to say that Miss James and I have really enjoyed teaching your children this year. As the school year ends, we have many lovely activities planned to help our pupils move forward in their learning during the last part of their time in Year 4!
This Summer term our topics are going to be:
- History – The Ancient Greeks
- Science – Sound
- RE – New Life, Building Bridges, Multi-faith week and God’s People
Our PE day is going to be:
- Monday. Children need to leave their PE kits in school.
- Daily mile.
Homework is given out on a Wednesday and must be returned the following Monday. Homework is going to be:
- Reading – help your child to win a prize – Road to Reading Challenge!
- Time Tables – it is ESSENTIAL all pupils in Year 4 know these as they have an important test in June related to all of the Time Tables. Please practice these daily.
Please use Purple Mash to practice:
Or Time tables rockstars Soundcheck:
A few reminders:
- Please ensure that your child has their PE kit in school each week with all items of clothing clearly labelled.
- You can support your child at home by helping them to explore TT rockstars and learning their times tables.
- Please also remember to encourage your child to read every day and sign their reading record; then they can move up the reading challenge - our aim is 100 reads!!